kellanknits-banner">

Monday, April 04, 2005

Socks, socks, socks...

Okay, I finally got up the nerve to buy some sock yarn from Knit Picks. I got some simple stripes in Snapdragon. NOW, I need help! I need to find a simple "starter" sock pattern to make. I am a novice at this sock thing. I have a set of size 3 DPN's but it I have to get something else I will. Please help if you can!!!

PS: I do have the book The Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook: Dyeing, Painting, Spinning, Designing, Knitting and I think it is wonderful, but it is a little overwhelming for the first time sock knitter...Let me know what you all think I should do!

3 Comments:

Blogger dragon knitter said...

that book is fantastic! i did my first (and so far only) pair of socks from it. give it a shot, it's not as hard as it looks. you can always put on an afterthought heel, if you're timid about turning the heel flap.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Kellann said...

Well, if you say so I think I will try it out. I could tell that was a wonderful book, but I was afraid of it the moment I picked it up!!! I CAN DO IT!

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kellann,

There is also an online knitalong going on for First Time Sock Knitters, it is a Yahoo group. There is not an actual beginning or ending date. The site has a pattern, etc, and when you have a problem you can post on the board and the other (well, most other knitters, are doing the same pattern and can help you.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home